What do you say to a dying man?
The last few weeks here at Angel HQ having been a hard time for myself and my family. My Grandad of 96 years old passed over. He did it with dignity and in his own time sipping Gin and Tonic. Quite an incredible man, who really didn’t want to leave my Nana behind who he has been with since they were 14 years old.
I am not sharing this with you to gain sympathy, but to share what the last couple of weeks have taught me.
His final couple of weeks seem to drag on forever. The doctors had given him 24 to 48 hours, he kept us all tender hooks, going on for another 10 days, each day we were all astounded that he had not passed. No food, very little fluid (apart from Gin), it was his love for Nana kept him going for as long as possible. Now I believe he has gone to clear the path for her and will be beckoning her to join him before long, but like Grandad, Nana will pass when she is ready.
Now whilst life is a contract, lessons to learn, experiences to have and of course there should be lots of love and fun along the way. We have an expiry date on our contract but as there is no time with “The Upstairs” that is something we created, so it is not an exact date and time. There is movement in it. It is more about when we have learnt all we need to and done all we were contracted too. So as my Grandad demonstrated we go when we are meant to, when the time is right for them.
As a family we had many opportunities to say goodbye. To thank him for being in our lives and role he played. It made me think what do you say to a dying man? What would I want to hear when it was my time to pass and what could I tell him that I knew from doing this work. Here is my thoughts:
- WE NEVER PASS ALONE: When it is time is close the person passing my see loved ones that have already passed, they come through to help us pass over, so we never do pass alone. We also have our Angels too assist this next stage of our journey.
- WE ARE GOING HOME: We are actually going home; going back to where we came from there is absolutely nothing to fear. In all my time I have worked with spirit never has one come through and said it is horrid here, I want to come back.
- LIFE IS ETERNAL: Even if we don’t believe in life after death when we are here, we do when we have passed.
- PERMISSION TO PASS: If you have the chance to say something to someone passing let them know they have done a good job, they are loved or forgiven. That they will be remembered and everyone will be ok once they have gone. Often they need permission to pass, to know everyone will cope.
- WE GO TO OUR OWN FUNERAL: I have already had communication from my Grandad in spirit. He came through and told me he thought his funeral was “very good”. These are very typical words he would have used. You see we all attend our own funeral. I know the funerals I have attended if you can step out of your grief you will experience spirit in many ways. A rainbow, a quick burst of wind whirling round, sun shining down illuminating a certain spot or flickers of candle flames. You may even see spirit too if you are developed enough.
Thankfully I have already had contact from my Grandad and whilst when he was here he was not a spiritual man, it goes to prove whether we believe or not we are indeed spiritual beings. There is so much to be gained if you can understand that whilst you are here rather than waiting for the next stage in your journey. If you would like to learn more about your spiritual side Angel Club is my monthly low cost membership site that gives you support on your spiritual journey with new modules on different subjects each month. Plus, monthly live meditation and Q&A session, live support in the online forum. Click here to learn more.