I have just faced one of my biggest fears!
Yesterday was a first for me, I had to have a wisdom tooth removed.
Ok bit of back story….
I have a total dentist fear (or did have) due to a couple of nasty experiences in the past.
When I learned the news I needed a tooth out I went into totally panic.
It started to affect other areas of my life as I was just so scared, even though I wasn’t really sure why.
How did I deal with it?
Here is how I got over it in case you are facing something that is scaring the pants off you! Particularly dentists!
1. I journaled exactly which part I was scared of, was it the pain, the procedure, afterwards etc. Turns out it was the procedure, gagging to be precise due to my past history with bulimia. I then knew what I was dealing with.
2. Then I booked a session with my NLP coach to clear the fear and phobia. This is something I can do as an NLP Coach with my coaching clients, but you can’t do it for yourself.
3. I then used my super power -my Angels and asked them to keep me calm. Boy, they did a good job!
4. In the actual procedure I did some breath work, breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth to calm me down.
5. I also learnt you can’t hum and gag at the same time, so I hummed all the way through.
6. I also learnt that if you pinch the bridge of your nose 5 times and flick your third eye that stops you gagging too!
7. I thanked the tooth and asked my body to lovingly let it be released with ease.
8. Since learning I had to have the tooth removed, I had built affirmations and visualisations that it would be quick, easy and pain free into my daily practice. It has been exactly that!
Our unconscious mind can’t half pull a trick on us if we allow it. I am blown away with how easy it all went, hope this helps you in some way. Do let me know.
P.S. if you want better connection with your Spiritual Team join my spiritual Bootcamp training! CLICK HERE to find out more about Spiritual Bootcamp.